Thursday, September 10, 2009

Remembering 9/11

I do not think a year will ever go by that I will not remember the events of 9/11. It has changed
all of our lives forever. Today, I want to remember America at it's best in the worst of times.
I am discouraged by the events that are taking place in our government right now. Our founding
father's would not believe the changes that are taking place in front of our eyes.
Yet in spite of all that is happening, I remember the courage of individual citizens who risked their lives, doing their jobs to protect their fellow Americans.
They will never be forgotten, always remembered. The true American hero's. God Bless Them
All .

1 comment:

  1. Today will be in everyone's memory, where they were, what they were doing, who they were with, for the rest of their lives.
    Understanding what we were seeing on our television screens and trying to grasp that it was real..is burned in my mind forever!

    My precious friend, we may not aways agree on politics...but I share a lot of your thinking and agree with you whole heartedly on much!

    I love that you speak your mind. "To thine own self be true" and that you most certainly are. 9/11 is something that made me believe that there is some possible way we can perhaps be one in this beautiful nation of ours. Made us realize, if only for a short while, that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISABLE... That is what I hope and pray for. Open minds, open hearts and shared love for America and each other because we ARE America!
    Tons of love and huge hugs to you on this sad day of remembering.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete